Sunday, February 26, 2012

Menu Plan Monday (A Day Early)

I'm attempting to link up with the other folks at Organizing Junkie.

So, it's no secret that I am desperately trying to shed some pounds in hopes of making a baby in the future. The last few weeks I have not done so well with my goals, and I think I can attribute that to my lack of menu planning. When we don't have a menu in place, we tend to go all willy-nily and eat Mexican four times in a week (yes, that was our culinary life story last week). This week, we've made a menu, bought the groceries, and will stick to it.

Baked Chicken Parmesan from Skinnytaste (so good)

Diet Coke BBQ Chicken Strips
Green beans


Rotisserie Chicken
Steamed Cabbage

Due to my Master's class, this is "fend for yourself" night in our house.

Tacos (How sad is it that this is my favorite night?)

We have scheduled in a Mexican feast at our local Mexican restaurant. Only one, however! This is an improvement.

Pizza Crescent Rolls (Thank you, Pinterest, for this deliciousness!)

So that's what we're eating. And on top of all that goodness, I plan to get in at least four days of some hardcore walking with some Zumba and Shredding in the mix.


  1. Is the diet coke used to cook the bbq chicken? It sounds SO good! Do you have a recipe?
    Thanks for dropping by my blog. :-)

    1. The Diet Coke is used. You use 1 can of Diet Coke and mix well with a cup of ketchup. You pour the mixture over chicken (we use tenders) and bring it to a boil in a saucepan. Turn it on low and let it simmer on the stove for 35-45 minutes. Once the chicken is cooked through, you turn up the heat to help the sauce thicken up a bit.

      It's delicious, quick, easy, and healthy!

  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

  3. I've been seeing Skinnyguide mentioned a lot amongst MPM participants. I''ll have to check it out.

  4. Love Skinnytaste, and I love meal planning, it's the only way our family can keep to our budget/non-eating out plans!! :) Great job.